We’ve thus far resisted posting anything about the upcoming Nexus 5 from Google/LG, including Android 4.4 KitKat, but this leaked video is
very tempting, more so since the quality is very good.
Folks from Club SFR Smartphones have done a pretty good video that shows off the Nexus 5 hardware pretty well, but it could be one of the older prototypes, seeing there’s no “Nexus” branding at the back, unlike what we’ve seen in an official leak from Google.
The specs we know thus far –
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 4.95″ IPS LCD display of full HD resolution (1920×1080 pixels), ~441 PPI
- 2.3 GHz Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon S800 processor
- 8 MP camera, LED flash, OIS, 1080p recording; front facing camera
- 3 GB RAM, 16/32 GB internal memory, non-expandable
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Slimport
- 2,300 mAh battery, microSIM
Google is seemingly going to update its launcher for Android 4.4 KitKat, doing away with “Widgets” tab in the app drawer, and the dock separator. Dots will come in its place instead. The launcher will also support transparency, so the notifications and the navigation bar will be transparent. And from what this video shows us, we can be well sure that Hangouts will truly be replacing the Messaging app, integrating SMSs. It’s something that a lot of people wanted, but it’s also a pointer to the death of the Google Talk Android app.
Apart from that, the hardware looks pretty neat. It’s definitely something I’ll be trying to buy as soon as possible.
Are you excited about the Nexus 5?