Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids was just launched by the Korean giant. A variant of the Galaxy Tab 3, the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids comes with a modified UI on top of Android, making the device easier to use for kids.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with custom UI on top
- 7.0″ TFT LCD display of WSVGA resolution, 1024×600 pixels, ~177 PPI
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 3 MP rear camera, front facing 1.3 MP camera
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi Direct
- 4,000 mAh battery
Samsung has apparently loaded the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids with some of the top ranked kids’ apps, and a Kid’s store for apps. Parents can set timers for usage of the tablet, so kids won’t overuse it.
Coming in a bright Yellow shade for a fairly good price of $199, the Galaxy Tab 3 runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and is armed with a couple of cameras – 3 MP on the back, and 1.3 MP on the front. There’s a kids-friendly case that Samsung will be selling as an accessory for the tablet, as well as multiple stands. Additionally, you’ll also be getting a C-Pen for use with the tablet if you purchase a case.
Initially, the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids will be available in South Korea, then China, Europe, U.S., Africa, South America and South East Asia.